Sunday, August 5, 2012

Dual Enrolling?

One of the things that we have found very helpful here in Pensacola, is that colleges will let highschool students take college classes during their last two years of school for free. This allows the dual-enrolled students to graduate with their AA degree. And if you don't happen to get all your credits by the time you graduate, your record with transfer with you after you graduate.
Not all places and colleges provide this program, and we have been so blessed that our local colleges (Pensacola State, University of West Florida, and Pensacola Christian College) have this program.
Many of my homeschooled friends have graduated with their AA degree, and they can move right along to getting further degrees, or other things in their life, without having to wait two more years.

I started dual enrolling last year, and have really enjoyed it. I am about to start the fall semester, and my younger brother is preparing to start his first semester in the spring.



I am currently dual enrolling at Pensacola State College, and have really liked it there. The professors are really nice, and although the homework can be tough, it is a really great college. Many homeschoolers dual enrol there as well, and it is nice to be able to take classes with friends and people you know.
I am looking forward to this next semester at PSC, and I will keep you updated on the goings-on of my last year dual enrolling. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment